All things pumpkin is sort of blogger cliche. But I'm totally doing it today. I should have had a chevron fabric background with a mason jar of milk next to it. Someday I'll get these things right.
Can you believe that I didn't eat pumpkin until last year? I've always been a picky eater but I've been trying to expand my horizons the past couple of years. Good thing or I would have completely missed out on pumpkin. That would have been tragic.
Today I thought I'd share with you one of my new favorites, pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
I want to eat another loaf in one setting just looking at the gorgeous nighttime photo.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 can pumpkin puree (plus a little more if you love pumpkin)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips + some for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl: combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla and sour cream until smooth.
- In large bowl: sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake ~70-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Eat up!