Who’s ready for another really healthy recipe from Decor and the Dog???
Right after millisecond muffins, monkey bread is one of my top favorite yummy breakfast recipes.
The recipe we like for monkey bread is from Pillsbury. I love that little dough boy…
What are you going to need?
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
How do you make it?
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan (or a pretty bundt pan found at the Salvation Army…brand new) with shortening or cooking spray. In large -storage plastic food bag (or a covered container if you want to go green, like us), mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; rip the dough (much easier than cutting) into quarters. Shake in bag (or covered container) to coat. Arrange in pan.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter; pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. Serve warm.
Feed to hungry frat boy brother…who actually reads this blog…so I can no longer ask if anyone is interested in dating him without getting into trouble…oh wait, yes I can. :)
We were all so hungry we forgot to photograph the “turn upside onto serving plate” step. Bad bloggers.
What’s your favorite breakfast recipe? Do share!