Man. Between the lack of day light and my poor time management, I'm finding it hard to get a post with pretty pictures together. So today you get this. An Instagram mash-up where I boss you around. (Are you following Decor and the Dog on Instagram? What? You're not? Hop to it! See, bossy!)
First, you need to eat this Maple Bacon French Toast this weekend. It will change your life. This isn't one of those overly dramatic blogger proclamations. This is seriously life changing business.
Maple Bacon French Toast
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- Of some form. We use almond milk (because it's all we usually have on hand) and it tastes delicious. I mean, there's really not cutting dairy here when you're using half-and-half sooo.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Like the real deal maple syrup. Buddy the Elf approved stuff.
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 loaf of French bread
- Cut it up and leave it out overnight. You will thank me. The crusty bread will suck up the syrup deliciousness.
- Syrup for topping
1. Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, syrup, sugar, cinnamon and salt. I do this in a pie plate for easy dipping.
2. Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Dip both sides of bread in egg mixture. Place on skillet and cook both sides until golden.
4. Crumble bacon on top and add some syrup. Eat.
5. Wipe the drool and syrup off your face.
Next you, you need to convince the owners of this house to sell it to me for equal price as my current mortgage.
Nate was wanting to take some sunset photos so we were driving around last weekend and we stumbled upon this house in the middle of nowhere. I literally gasped as we turned the corner. It is what dreams are made of. I mean, I LOVE my house but this house, whoa. I love the wrap around porch. I love the tower. It's so Beetlejuice-esque. I've always loved that Beetlejuice house.
So, if you all could make that happen.
Speaking of loving our house, here's a recent exterior shot. On a rare day when the sun decided to shine. Our mums are hanging out in vintage metal pails. My petunias are, oddly, still blooming. The burning bush is turning a nice burgundy color. The box elder bugs are mass producing on my front porch. Life is good.
I'm also digging the view of the living room from our master bedroom. Ike is just super pumped his love seat is back in appropriate cushion smushing position.
Lastly, I will leave you with a glimpse at a project that I am working on for Operation: Laundry Room. I just need to figure out how to hang this bad boy. I also need the sun to shine to photograph it. You can expect this in 6 weeks. I kid. I hope.
Big weekend plans? Find any dream homes lately? What's your favorite movie home?